Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Wanna's and the Don't Wanna's

I WANNA...

- Go to Vancouver Film School for their super perfect Writing for TV and Film 12 month program. This is one of the tippidy-toppidy schools for learning and getting into the television and film industry. And I love the weather in Vancouver and that I can get all the health care I want with my work/school visa.

- Save money for my sojourn north.

- Be as hot as Jessica Alba. (What, I didn't say the "wanna's" were going to be realistic!)

- Finish my freakin book. I am a SLACKER.

I DON'T WANNA...

- Go back to Tucson. Yeah, it would be cheaper. Yeah, I could save more money. But I'd be in Tucson. I love so many people there but... that place is, to quote Heather, a 'pot-hole'. At least for me it is. I am so afraid I will get stuck. Again. Plus, I love my ward and my friends here. I like my life and who I am here. It is more the person that I really am. I like that no one here judges me on the past because, well, they weren't around for it. It is kind of nice.

- Talk myself out of how excited I am about my new goals. I see how all of the steps I have taken in life have led me to this point and to these realizations. I know they are right for me but I also am the queen of over-analyzing.

- Exercise. It is so painful! But I am going to! Jessica Alba does...

3 comments:

  1. You can do it, Jen! And do whatever you feel is right. If your gut is saying Tucson's not the right place for you to be, then don't move back. Whatever the right path is for you, the Lord is going to provide a way and take care of you. I say keep moving forward and just listen to the spirit each step of the way, whether or not it seems like the logical choice or not. I heart your face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mirielle - I LOVE YOU TOO!

    Rachel - I love you too. Just not with caps. Jokes! I really wish I wasn't so dual-personalitied. You like how I make up words? I am so logical on the one hand and so emotional on the other and pretty much most of my choices end up getting made by whichever one is present on the day I can't take not having a choice made. Honestly. Ugh. The Spirit does help, though.

    ReplyDelete