Sunday, March 7, 2010

Writing Group/Club/Awesomeness... what have you...

I LOVE WRITING GROUP!

I love that it is with two other people that I completely trust to be honest when giving me feedback because I know their level of taste when it comes to literature and perception is an important element to consider when forming a group such as this! I love that they listened and then openly shared what they liked and disliked and articulated what they thought could improve. I love that we did not agree on every point! I love that when I said, "Do you see the balance between such and such possibility?" or "I was trying to describe her, I kind of forgot that part..." they didn't look at me like I was nuts. Instead they said, "Yeah..." and then continued to expand on their opinions and thoughts. I love that their readings were amazing and that I now have even more faith and respect in their opinions because I know that they are true writers as well. It was so helpful. I came home and within thirty minutes I had re-crafted the parts that I agreed with them were lacking and now I have an air-tight 8 pages that I am completely and utterly in love with. AWESOME.

There is no better feeling than knowing you are in exactly the right place, doing exactly what you are meant to be doing. I am blessed to have friends who continue to prove that to me on an almost daily basis. Yea!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the follow sweetie! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) That's awesome, Jen! Can't wait for that first copy!

    ReplyDelete