Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ode to the Villians...

Villians are what make the heroes so great. Without a truly notable villian you just have an arrogant do-gooder. Harry Potter minus Voldemort? Whiney teenager! Othello minus Iago? Paranoid schizophrenic! Right? I don't quite know what happened in my childhood to skew my sympathies toward the baddies so but, hey, someone has to be in their corner, right? My favorite villians are...

Iago (OTHELLO)
Tom Riddle/Voldermort (HARRY POTTER SERIES)
The Pale Man (PAN'S LABYRINTH)
Capitan (PAN'S LABYRINTH)
Jarett (LABYRINTH)
Tom Ridley (THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY)
Sue Sylvester (GLEE)
The Phantom (THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA)
Annie Wilkes (MISERY)
Willoughby (SENSE AND SENSIBILITY)
Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader (STAR WARS - if Star Wars had been written well)
Hades (HERCULES)
Frollo (THE HUNCHMACK OF NOTRE DAME)
Javert (LES MISERABLES)
Scar (THE LION KING)
Tybalt, King of Cats (ROMEO AND JULIET)

2 comments:

  1. May I add Maleficent from Disney's Sleeping Beauty. She's my favorite animated villain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! I love her too! I knew I was forgetting someone! Also the Tiger in Life of Pi. I can't remember his name.

    ReplyDelete