Saturday, February 6, 2010

I Do Not Have TB.

It has come to my attention...
That some of you may have gleaned...
In an earlier post...
That unintentionally...
In the sincerest of jests...
I may have implied...
With the most jovial of tones...
That I might have been suffering from...
Tuberculosis.

I do not have tuberculosis, nor have I ever. TB is really rare in the United States and completely curable if caught in time. I watch a lot of House so I am kind of a medical authority.

You might not know this about me but I am a bit sarcastic and quippy. I generally say I have tuberculosis/TB/the consumption whenever I have a severe cough. I will probably accuse you of having this disease if you are coughing a lot.

Anyway, I am TB-free!

6 comments:

  1. So, you're not going to be having a "Bright Star" tragic ending any time soon? You've relieved my mind. (Last movie that made me cry; at least I didn't have to pay for it--my professor in a Romantic literature class took care of that. Huzzah!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure you are TB free, I mean, when was the last time you were tested? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, Jen. :) You know what's really fun? Having a positive TB test when pregnant, having to "cough up that stuff you usually cough up in the morning" (What? I don't cough up stuff) and take it downtown to a lab 5 times because they need three successful tests, but apparently I can't cough up stuff that's not there (interesting) and be freaked out that I may go into labor but not be admitted to a hospital because of this positive test, etc, just to have them tell me, wait! Why don't we just x-ray your chest? Turns out I don't have it. I've just been exposed to it at some point. Thank for the few months of scare, guys! I think you really just want to be like Satine, without the dying part, but definitely the kissing Ewen McGragor part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely with the kissing Ewan McGregor part. Definitely. I have asked everyone in my life to be on the look out for a decent Ewan McGregor look-a-like or sound-a-like (although both would be much preferred!).

    That is crazy about the TB test! I have mostly worked with kids so I have been thoroughly checked for TB. Unless you gave it to me! Freakin, RayRay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Just for the record, I never had it. I've just been exposed to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great, now i have to recant all my tellings to my friends about the tragic life of my dramatic friend...wait, you still are dramatic right? well, i still have that at least.

    ReplyDelete