Tuesday, May 18, 2010

PAST DUE

No, this will not be a post about being in debt. Well, I guess it is a form of debt. Karmic debt or an emotional deficit or some other hippie dippy new age term... whatever suits your fancy.

I had an unpleasant blast from the past recently. Most of blasts from the past are welcomed. I tend to stay friends with people that I have known and even if we don't talk often we are generally on good terms. This is why I don't handle these awkward occurrences very well. I am not saying that everyone stays friends with me forever just that the people I still talk to are around because we both decided to like each other for a while longer.

So this person told me I was too much "drama." What? Um, as in I watch too much drama i.e. Law and Order or Dexter... maybe he was referring to the fact that I like the show Glee and recently finished reading Schindler's list. I don't know. I am honestly baffled that there is a person in the world who considers me to be too much drama. I don't do anything. My favorite pastime is reading a good novel in my bed.

My feelings aren't hurt. I don't really respect this person's opinions which is part of why he falls into the past category. Who knows where he is coming from. It just goes to show you that perception is relative and directly relates to each individual and their frame of mind.

Or maybe I am just so over-the-top, Liza-Minnelli-in-Cabaret-dramatic that I can't see through the glitter and glitz that is my every waking moment...

Okay, that was dramatic. Hehehe.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Jen, it's reading posts like this that remind why, despite my removal to IL, I will always feel like I can "drop in" on your blog and post a comment ... in other words, like we're still "friends" even though we really didn't spend all that much time together between the time that you moved in and I moved out. I wouldn't say you have drama; I'd say you have *style*!

    ReplyDelete