Monday, June 14, 2010

She Gets it From Her Momma...

I blame Kathy Nye. I really and truly do. I also blame Johnny Depp but a little bit less than I blame Mom. My very first crush ever was on an actor named Gabriel Damon... he played Spot Conlin in Newsies and I was in love with his blue eyes... I have a thing about blue eyes and bad boys. I realize that does not make me unique in any way. I was IN LOVE WITH HIM! I was also 11. Ever since then I have quite often fallen victim to the celebrity crush. I thought it would mellow with age but nope. I should have realized this since my momma has been married for 28 years and is still half in love with Johnny Depp. It is in my blood, what can I say? Past crushes include Jonathan Taylor Thomas (don't act like you weren't in love with him too, we ALL were), Matt Damon, Colin Farrell, Jude Law, Ewan McGregor, Clive Owen, Topher Grace, Gerard Butler, and John Krasinski (Jim from The Office). Guess who I am currently in love with... and guess what color his eyes are... predictable.

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean!! LOVE Gabriel Damon!!! I fell in love with him in Newsies too. I am all about the blue eyed bad boys as well. Ironically enough my husband has green eyes. So who is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about Hugh Jackman? I mean, have you SEEN Australia (or the X-men's for that matter)? I have to say, I don't really get the Hollywood crushes anymore, but Jackman is my one huge exception. :) (Cruz gave me the hardest time about Elijah Wood, even though that was when I was in middle school. Haha! He was a cute kid! And then he grew up . . . :p)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Elijah Wood... I forgot about him. He should be on that list too! But then I saw Sin City and he was a creepy cannibal so that effectively ended any crushing on him. Hugh Jackman is along the lines of Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp for me... when I am watching them I am mesmerized but if they aren't directly in front of me I just don't care. Also, I fell asleep during Australia... I know, I know, Nicole Kidmand and Baz Luhrmann... but it just wasn't interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT?! I watched that movie three times in two days when we rented it. Twice by myself and once with Cruz. It did remind me a little of Gone With the Wind in the whole meandering story line thing. But so darn good! (And yes, Sin City dissolved any sort of lingering interest in Elijah for me, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have no idea who that guy is. Someone clue me in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. His name is Ian Somerhalder... sorry. He is on The Vampire Diaries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew I recognized him. I know him from Lost. I didn't really watch much of Lost but yes I do remember him now. He is a hottie! Ever heard of Celtic Thunder? They are all blue eyed babes too.

    ReplyDelete