Thursday, June 10, 2010

Working from Home...

I am now employed by two web-content companies. They send me their orders and I do my research and writing from home and email them back. It is fantastic because it has completely eliminated the need for me to care about what I look like each day. It is also fantastic because I can watch TV and videos while I write. I like TV and videos. I am also being paid weekly which I like because I am terrible at saving money. And, yes, that includes from two Friday's ago.

Things I don't like are:

I am a PROCRASTINATOR so I occasionally find myself writing like a crazy person to meet a deadline I have been ignoring. I have only done this twice but it is unpleasant.

I get paid through paypal which SUCKS because it takes a few days to post in my bank account AND I can only withdraw $500 a month. Yeah. In two months I can get a paypal debit card and use it to pay for things so that will be fine but for now it is irritating.

My room gets hot. This may seem unrelated but I generally end up typing in there and it is too warm for my taste. Lately I have using the basement as my daytime workspace. Much, much cooler.

2 comments:

  1. You could set up two paypal accounts, one for each company. ;-)
    When I write I have to have silence, you are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to start going to the library. It is a reason to get dresses and it is about a mile and a half away so walking there and back will be a good 3 mile trip. Kill two birds with one stone. PLUS it is a library and they have Wi-Fi AND all the books and magazines I could want... for when I take "breaks"... hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete