Monday, August 30, 2010

Trading Spaces...

I am moving out of Steph and Justin's within the next four months and I have started looking around for a place to live. I am super unwilling to move into a rental house with lots of other girls. I refuse to even entertain the thought of sharing a room or living in campus housing. I don't have a problem with 18-22 year old girls, I just don't want to live with them. Sorry.

My DREAM is to find a nice house for rent, which sounds crazy but in this part of the world it is actually pretty easy to locate two or three bedroom houses, or basement apartments which are the same size as the upper level of the house, for under $900. My greediness would like two bedrooms so that I can have an office/library/guest room. Or for a sister or older niece to move into if they want. I don't feel the same about living with a 20 year old niece or sister. But I have found a couple of nice 1 bedroom rentals as well. As a matter of fact my very favorite place (at this moment) is technically a one bedroom but it has a smaller extra room with tons of built in shelving. It could be my home office and library! And it is only two blocks from Steph's house and a block from my new favorite restaurant. The library will still be in walking distance, as a matter of fact it would be closer! Plus free cable and internet.

I just feel too old to have to deal with roommates. Landlords are hard enough. I want to be in charge of how my house looks. I want to not worry about if the smells of my weird foods are annoying other people. I want the AC at 68 and I want to watch Say Yes to the Dress or The Vampire Diaries without being judged! Hey, I am 28 years old, I have a lot of health problems, and I just want a nice place to hide away, you know?

Anyway... that is the dream for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment