Saturday, January 16, 2010

Because I Feel Like It

I have nothing exciting to report. I have spent the past two days freaking out about my hours at work (it's official by the way, I am permanently hired. Until they find a reason to fire me) and finally gathered the courage to email my boss (such brave communication, right?) to ask if I could come in an hour early every day and in about thirty minutes I received this two word response; "That works."

Why do I freak myself out about such stupid things? At worst he'd have said no.

Anyway, life is good. I am pretty ding-dang-dong happy these days, despite my three to four anxiety attacks per day. I am still learning to pause before submitting to said freak-outs and breathe. I am almost always over-reacting. I feel very blessed and undeserving, but more than willing to reap those unwarranted benefits nonetheless!

Also, I love libraries. The city library here is pretty awesome. Lots of comfy, cozy, QUIET seating. Lots of fiction. Lots of non-fiction. Once I have my own car I am going to start borrowing books on CD and having a "travel novel" ready for my driving adventures. Marcia gave me this idea, so danke, Marce!

Is it apparent that this is just narcissistic rambling? I hope not, I'd hate for you to get the wrong idea about my amazing-ness (i.e. I have a lot of it).

Okay, I should go get ready for the rest of my day. I get to have some girly fun with Steph for her birthday outing! Lunch and the mall... mostly lunch is the exciting part. Plus I am finally going to embarrassingly cave and purchase the cheesy Vampire Diary books that I want so badly. I'll buy some Kierkegaard as well, just so I don't start crying at the register.

Cute, nerdy boys with glasses at church tomorrow... they are so fun to look at!

No comments:

Post a Comment