Friday, January 29, 2010

Bring Out Your Dead or I DO NOT Think I'll Go For a Walk Now

Okay, I only have a virus but it is very unpleasant. If you have had the pleasure of listening to me attempt to speak over the past two days you know what I am talking about. ANNOYING! Oh, well, I have been resting for 3 days and I have 2 more to go but if I am not better by Monday, than OH WELL, I'll just infect everyone at work!

So, here is a funny-ish story. I went to a meeting at work today (for 30 minutes, tops) and I picked up my check. Yes, I am the only person in the world who still has a paper check. Well, I won't next payday, but still... SO, I had planned on setting up an account at BANK OPTION 1(this helps me believe I am being internet safe) but I needed to go home first to make sure the van wasn't needed. It wasn't. So I head out and even though I see this bank on my way to and from work EVERY DAY I pass it. By a lot. I was jamming to The Killers, which is obviously far more important.

Once I realize that I have passed it I call myself an idiot and laugh a little. I end up going into some neighborhood and for reasons that weren't all that clear to me at the time I drove further into the neighborhood and came out on another main road. Next to a totally different BANK OPTION than I had ever considered. I thought, "That is too weird." But I was set on BANK OPTION 1 so I trekked back the slightly weird way I ended up on.

I get to BANK OPTION 1. I walk in and feel like an idiot because I feel hot and freezing, I can barely talk and I am doing everything not to look like I am disgustingly ill and also trying to not touch anything because I know I am disgustingly ill. When I get seen by someone, he is very nice and kind but can't help me because I don't have two forms of ID. Apparently being licensed and fingerprinted by a certain state I used to live in doesn't count and all I have is a drivers license because I cut up all my cards and my job doesn't require picture ID because there are six of us.

Great. I say thanks. He is genuinely sorry he couldn't help and I am not upset at him or anything. I am annoyed at myself. HELLO! So I apologized to Heavenly Father for not just asking Him at the time (which would have saved me thirty minutes) and I am sure He forgave me. He was probably somewhat amused at my obliviousness. And I went straight to BANK OPTION 2, walked in and asked before anything else could go down, "How many forms of ID do I need to open a checking account?"

One.

Isn't it comforting (and humbling) to know He's always there and always on your side? Even if He's just trying to save you some time because He knows you are sick.

I love being loved by my Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

  1. :) Thanks for the reminder to see Heavenly Father's hand in our life more.

    ReplyDelete